Places to See Goa

Alorna fort
It is located in Alorna village, and was built by the Bhonsles of Sawantwadi in the 17th century. The Marquis of Castello Novo captured the fort from the Bhonsles in 1746, at a time when the fort had four guns. In 1781, the fort was taken over by Dom Frederico Guilherme de Souza. He used the fort as a defense against the Marathas.

The fort is only 30km from Mapusa. Although the fort now stands in ruins, it is a great place for a trek. The Chapora river flows along side the fort.

Basilica of Bom Jesus | Alorna fort | Anjunem Dam | Military Cemetery | Arvalem Caves
Budbudyanchi Tali | Usgalimal Rock Carvings | Dudhsagar waterfall | Madei Wildlife Sanctuary
San Jacinto Island | Vintage Car Museum

Sponsored Link